This guide shows how cancellations of tickets and e-tickets can be done through various methods
train and various cases in which refund will be provided to the traveler.
Offline Ticket Cancellation
|Couter Ticket Booking Reservation/Cancellation Form|
Tickets bought offline, within the cancellation period, can be cancelled through the following procedure
- Retrieving the cancellation form from the ticket counter
- Filling and submitting the form
- Paying the clerkage fees and penalty(if any)
The refund will depend on the following rules of the possible cases
Ticket Bought Without Reservation
- The ticket is presented within 3 hours of the issue.
- Ticket is presented before 12:00 AM preceding the date of departure if the ticket was bought in advance.
Ticket Bought With Reservation
- If the ticket is presented 48 hours(2 days) before the scheduled departure, a nominal fees will be deducted per passenger. It is Rs. 120 for AC first class/executive class, Rs. 100 for AC two tiered/First Class, Rs. 90 for AC three tier/Chair Car/ economy class, Rs. 60 for Sleeper and Rs. 30 for Second Class.
- If the ticket is presented between 48 hours and 6 hours before the departure, the cancellation charges will be 25% of the fare with a minimum charge set beforehand.
- If the ticket is presented between 6 hours before departure and 2 hours after departure, the cancellation charges will be 50% of the fare.
- There will be no refund if the ticket is presented 2 hours after departure of the train.
- Full refund and lesser clerk charges will be given to passengers who have bought a collective(family) ticket and have few members in the waiting list when the ticket is presented between 6 hours before departure and 2 hours after the departure of the train
Ticket In Waiting List Or RAC
- The ticket must be presented within 3 hours after the departure of the train for a refund. Any requests beyond the time will not get a refund.
- For night trains (2100 to 0600 hours actual departure) and hilly areas, the refund window is the first 2 hours of opening of reservation office.
Online Ticket Cancellation
- Offline filing of Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR).
- Online TDR by selecting ‘File Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR)’ under the ‘Services’ menu once you login through your account of IRCTC.
- The refund rules are the same as the offline tickets. Take a look above to see the rules.
- For tickets booked at the old site, click on ‘Old transaction history’ from ‘My transactions’.
- Waiting list and RAC tickets can be refunded even after chart preparation. The timeline is same as offline one.
Steps to Cancel IRCTC Tickets Partially or Fully
- Login to your IRCTC Account.
- Go to My Transaction tab and click on Booked Ticket History in the drop down menu.
- Your booked ticket list will appear.
- Select the ticket which you want to cancel or in which you want to cancel partially.
- After selecting, click on “Cancel Ticket” button.
- A new window will open, select the passengers of whom you want to cancel the ticket. Select all if you want to cancel the whole ticket.
- Finally click on cancel.
Tatkal Ticket Cancellation
Cancellation If Train Is Cancelled
IRCTC cancellation policy changes from time to so please be update with latest news by following our website on facebook google plus and on twitter.