, increase in ticket booking time, increase in booking of ticket from 2 months back to 4 months back and few others.
As you can see IRCTC is trying their level best to challenge the motives of agents trying to sell tickets on much higher margin. They have now introduced a new rule that will limit the users to book number of tickets per month. Earlier you can book 10 tickets per month but from 15th Feb 2016 you can only book 6 tickets per month.
Here some rules that are in effect currently:
1. Individuals are allowed only 2 tickets per user-ID in a day (for ARP booking) from 08:00 hours to 10.00 hours. [This means the ticket you book in advance 4 months before.]
2. Individuals are allowed only 2 tickets per user-ID in a day (for Tatkal booking) from 10:00 hours to 12:00 hours.
3. Quick Book Option is disabled from 08:00 to 12:00 hours
4. All types of ticketing agents (YTSK, RTSA, IRCTC agents etc.) have been debarred from booking tickets during the first thirty minutes of opening of booking i.e. from 08:00 to 08:30 hours for general bookings, and from 10:00 to 10:30 hours and 11:00 to 11:30 hours for Tatkal booking in AC and non-AC classes respectively.
5. Booking is not allowed through e-wallet and cash cards from 08:00 to 12:00 hours.
6. There is only one booking in one user login session except for return/onward journey between 08:00 to 12:00 hours.
Genuine Users will not be affected by this move as per Government
So this will happen, the new rule will replace the original rule of booking 10 tickets per month to 6 tickets per month. All the existing other rules like for booking tickets between 8 to 10 am and 10 to 12 pm will remain same. The government is pretty sure that this will tackle with touts. Also according to their database 90% users book only 6 or less tickets per month on an average. Only 10% book more than that which are probably agents playing with the ticket bookings to make money as per the government.
What will be the results is just a matter of time. What are your opinions do lets us know in comments!
Are you gonna be affected by this move? Comment below!